Anderson De Silva believes Barnsley must aim to win all of their remaining Championship fixtures if they are to ensure their survival.

The former Everton midfielder, who started his career with Uruguayan outfit Nacional, was instrumental in the Reds' 3-1 win over Crystal Palace in midweek, and the Brazilian insists they must use that performance as a benchmark in their final nine games of the season.

"I am just very happy that I could do my bit and help us get three points," De Silva told the club's official website. "I have spoken to my family and friends in Brazil since the game and they all know about the situation the team was in and they are happy that I helped get three points and turned that situation into one that looks a little better.

"The job is not finished and we have got to go out and win every game to make sure we stay in this division. We have to concentrate 100% and we were like that against Crystal Palace.

"We have to do the same at Derby. Of course everybody would be happy with something from the game but we will be looking to win. Another three points would be fantastic.

"Derby are a good side but if we can play in the same way as we did on Tuesday then I am sure we will win the game."

Have your say HERE | Submit an article HERE
Share To:

Ian Wilkinson

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours